About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, January 6, 2007

Reassurance from unexpected places

Looking through some word docs I have saved over time I found this the other day - sorry I don't know where it came from but it made a lot to sense to me.


As long as you're taking consistent, positive action, you're making progress. At times, it may seem that you're going backwards.

At times, it will be frustrating when the results don't come as quickly as you had hoped. Still, you are making progress.

Achievement is a process, not a single event.

To achieve any goal, you must cover a lot of ground. You need to learn what works, and what does not work.

You must explore possibilities, many of which will not turn out to be feasible. Still, with every action you're making progress.

Even the setbacks are necessary stepping stones on the path to success. Keep up the good work. Keep up the effort. You're well on your way by now.

With every moment, you get closer. With every effort, you make progress, no matter what the short-term results. You've come a long way. Keep going!


Even tho’ I didn’t really achieve all that I wanted last year I now realise I am still moving on.

I have learn’t that the class situation is what makes me work at the gym – managed to get to 2 pump and one circuit class this past week and also walked on four mornings whereas I kept putting off going when I was left to my own devices.

Have grandchildren coming for a few days next week so I'll have to twist husbands arm to keep an eye on them so I can get my walks in. Maybe we'll swim a couple of times and that can be my exercise as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy