About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Lazy Days in the sun

Busy all last week with the visiting grandaughters but still managed to get in some walks and a couple of classes at the Leisure Centre.

I discovered that even at 9 and 11years old when they have late nights they still sleep their usual number of hours so I was able to get out about 7am and walk the streets while they were still sleeping. With Husband there it mean't I could concentrate on the footpath and not keep thinking I had to get back as soon as possible if they woke up.

They weren't great big long ones but going out with the thought that something is better than nothing I was able to do my short 3km/half hour walk on most days of the week and then I was able to get to a Circuit classs on the Monday before they actually arrived and a Body Pump on Saturday morning after they had gone home.

We enjoyed a couple of really great days at the local pool when the weather was sunny and warm but cool, I was happy to let them play in the outdoor pool without getting scorched. That one is just about a metre in depth so we all went into the full size indoor one now and again so they could swim and dive in deeper water. The first time I took 3 of the others along as well who thought it cool their Grandma came in the water with them and played all the silly games kids do like swimming underneath and trying to lift them up and out of the water and didn't carry on when they 'bombed' and splashed them like their Mum and Dad do.

Little did they know I was getting exercise by being in the pool with them. :)

The other day slotted between those two was a sunny warm one that was forecast as hot and thats exactly how it turned out so it was the shopping then going to the cinema one.

They chose to see 'Flushed Away' and it wasn't too bad with lots of stereotypes in a rat world that adults could relate to living under the streets of London. Even I enjoyed it which was good as theres nothing worse than going to a kids movie thats really childish and awful. We did our usual supermarket shop before going and I felt the usual pangs of jealousy as they tucked into potato chips and lollies while I had my fruit and water.

Hasn't made much difference to the weight tho' and the clothes don't feel any looser but I'm sure it will drop down again with time.

I am beginning to wonder about the scales at the Leisure Centre, there is a chart on the wall stating they are tested regularly but I stepped on 3 times and got a different reading each time. I left them to settle after each weigh in and tried to stand in the same position and not move around, 2 very similar but one a whole 500 grams more.

Very offputting I can tell you. The ones we have at home weigh less than those but one day I'll weigh before leaving home and then go straight to the scales when I arrive and see what the actual difference is and then just work it out at home adding the difference on.

Went to the City yesterday on the train with Husband , Victorian Seniors get free public transport on Sundays so we've taken advantage of that several times and had some fabulous reasonably priced days out.

Theres a large Discount Book Warehouse up in Collingwood which sells everything at $4.99 and they had a load of titles down to $1.99 so we came home laden with reading matter. They obviously buy up remainders from the publishers, some have been hanging around for a while but most are quite recent releases still on sale in full price bookshops.

The first time we went I was quite cross to see childrens books there that I'd got for the kids for Christmas and paid full price for!!

Saw lots of Keep Fit books but decided I had enough at home to open my own bookshop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy