About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Look what hapapens when you don't concentrate

For the past week my life seems to have filled with lots of little jobs all related to our upcoming trip. As far as healthy living and exercise are concerned I seem to be working in remote control mode, there haven’t been many thoughts about the former crossing my mind and all I can do is hope for the best. I have managed exercise in the form of walks and classes at the Leisure Centre but haven’t felt as though I put my heart and soul into it.

So when I stepped on the scales at the Leisure Centre the other day (and after watching the numbers go down over the past year, yes I must admit, slowly at times) I had - horrors of horrors - I had a gain. Not a huge one but enough for me to doubt the result. My immediate reaction was to step off, let the scales zero, and then step back on again and I felt utterly dejected when the figures were exactly the same. I came away regretting the chocolate biscuits and ice cream we’d had for dessert several nights in a row. I guess I thought it couldn’t happen to me and began to eat whatever I felt like and unfortunately the old saying ‘you are what you eat‘ rang true in my ears. Came home and went over the meals we had eaten and yes there definitely was too much of the 'good' things and not enough of the healthy ones.

Of course this isn't helped when I have to feed 5 adults and 5 children as happened this past Sunday. Three of the grandchildren slept here Saturday night so their parents could enjoy a real night out without worrying about being home so Grandma could go home to bed and we had a really good time. But thinking about it we had dinner at the Pancake Parlor next to the cinema and their food certainly isn't low in calories, their milkshakes are to die for and I came away feeling very full. First black mark for the week.

Sunday a son rang to say he was coming over with his girls and could they stay for lunch so another leg of lamb went into the oven along with 2 chickens I was cooking as they wouldn't last another 2 months in the freezer. I made roast potatoes and yorkshire pudding because they all love them and their parents won't cook them but I did steam all the veggies, and the boiled potatoes were served plain and not mashed with oodles of butter and warm milk like in the olden days. I think the ice cream with Milo sprinkles was my undoing.

'No more' she cried and hopefully as the weather is so warm in England and Canada now I won't have to cope with hot roasts and the like and will be served salads from next week on.

Will try to get back tomorrow or the day after, just 3 more sleeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy