About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Friday, May 19, 2006

The funny things we do

I really hope nobody was watching me in the very big shopping centre car park this afternoon when I came back to where I thought I had left the car. Hand to mouth and heart beating madly as it wasn’t there. Not there in the spot where I left it.
Well I swear it was there when I left it, someone must have moved it whilst I was busy in the shopping centre.

Yes you all know what I am talking about – the car that moves around the car park when you aren’t looking.

Of course after a little wander around looking very puzzled I found it and remembered leaving it in that very spot. That’s what happens when you try to be clever and get some more exercise in by parking as far away from the entrance as you can so there is an extra walk before the trudging around the mall lovingly called shopping begins.

I think half the problem was I didn’t go to the same area as I normally do, and after battling the crowds all my mind just wants to do is recognise something familiar (like my little red car) and be comfortable before driving home.................... Well that’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it :)

Feeling very relieved I put the shopping on the passenger seat and started to drive home but had to stop myself opening the chocolate biscuits I had bought for company this weekend. I felt I needed something soothing and chocolate is certain to soothe me but I was very strong and didn’t give in.

I lie................I made coffee at home and then had one.

Needless to say I haven’t told Husband about my car’s little disappearing act, think I’ll keep it to myself.

Happily for me it was a false alarm but I hate to think of the pain and anguish I would feel if the car really had been stolen. Next time I must look more carefully at the surroundings and make a mental note of the number on the wall.

1 comment:

  1. oh Cathy I feel for you it has happened to me I can truely understand the need for chocolate good on you holding off though to eat the biscuit with coffee-shows strength, if u had opened the packet while driving I am confident there would have been more than one consummed-well in my case it would have been. Well done and extra steps walked for the day too.

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy