About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Facts to be faced





After a great weekend topped off by a day trip to Marysville I have had a week of mixed emotions. Not sure why but something tells me I have to get going with life again.

I am still hovering around the 63kg and cannot for the life of me make it stick or get any lower. It will be a year in July when I was advised at 74kgs to lose some weight ( to aim for 60kgs) , after all that time I am dissapointed I still haven't achieved it. Put bluntly I'm p........ off with myself and imagine lack of commitment could be the reason.

I have an idea what one of the problems could be – I haven’t really made a definite effort to plan the meals over the past month or two (truthfully that could read since Christmas). The month I spent at the Athletes Village in March with the meals provided made life very easy and somehow I’ve not back into the swing of things.

So my main goal for the next few weeks must be the same as most people concerned about their weight and is to actually think about and then plan what we are going to eat. Most days should be fine but there are the ones that don’t turn out the way we planned so there has to be something suitable in the freezer for those occasions. Take away is not a good alternative to lack of planning.

Of course regular exercise would be good as well. As well as trying to the gym I do try to get a walk in most days but as the weather is changing I am getting reluctant to even go out the door.

Now this morning was great, fine and dry, bit windy and chilly but not really cold. I wore a jacket to take the chill out of the air and would have been happier if I’d remembered to pick up my gloves. Don't laugh but I even tried the childhood trick of pulling the sleeves down over my hands - didn't help much so I persevered with the cool fingers.

A while ago I mapped out/walked a different different route for a change which was about the same length as my usual one but on the level, there were no hills involved. So badly needing something to perk me up, on the pretence of looking at other gardens I went that way this morning. It took the same length of time but I felt as though I really hadn’t done anything so feel the hills make a difference. Also extending the distance could help as well.

I might start recording the actual distance and how I feel at the end of my walks. Wont do it here tho' as it doesn’t really make for riveting reading.

2 comments:

  1. Hi ich bin Chriswab aus Bottrop !! Viele Grüsse !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be disappointed with yourself!! You have made a huge improvement to your body and even if it takes a bit longer to get to where you want - you will do it!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy