About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

Reading this quote I can see the dilemma presented to the contestants in ABL this evening. The Blue team decided to stick together with a very self righteous attitude and not be 'tempted' yet the Red team took the risk with what to me was a truly Australian - you'll never never know if you never never go - attitude. Is it better to be safe or to take a risk?

I could follow all the eating plans I have and 'be safe' and secure in the thought I used the allowable calories to the best of their advantage or I could risk having a piece of chocolate cake, feel a bit guilty but enjoy it and know I was going to have to work like crazy to use all those calories up.

I am still not sure what I would do but at the moment I am not getting depressed if I slip off the wagon and as the song goes I "pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again"

I have decided to get out some unfinished craft items and get to work on them again. If I can manage a bit of extra exercise that will offset the sitting about, also if I am busy hand sewing I can't have food around so thats another good thing.


This will be my way of bringing this particular quote to life.



The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

1 comment:

  1. That's a great attitude Cathy!! No point getting depressed if we slip up...just move on and make the next step a better one. Great to hear your crafts have come out. :) If you are ever interested in sewing a cloth doll...let me know..I have a ton of patterns I can share.
    :) Hope your having a good day!!

    ReplyDelete

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy