About Me

My photo
I have moved - I can now be found at Cathy @ Still Waters, Click on still waters for link to new blog
Living, loving, Laughing and Travelling as much as possible. Come along and join in my life and travels - I'll be happy to have you there with me.

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Funny what you think about while walking

Funny what you think about while walking.

Early last year my doctor said I was overweight and as I replay that visit in my mind I wonder how people actually saw me at that time - was I chubby, plump or did I actually look fat? I know at the time I didn't want to look like those descriptions and was most put out when he actually said with a height of 157cms 74kgs was not a good look. His reasons for concern were raised BP and hip pain I had complained about. Since some of the kilos have come off over the past few months the hip pain has vanished which is a good thing as at one time I couldn't walk up any stairs and much to my annoyance had to use lifts or escalators to get around large shopping centres, multi-story buildings and car parks .

Anyway today I went on to think about What DO I want to look like and How would I like others to see me.

I know I don't want to be 'skinny' or 'thin' as that is not a good look especially on an older person. Have to admit I don't admit to being 63 very often, I have no idea what a 63yr old is supposed to feel or do so I just live my life the same as before cept that at the moment there is a bit of an emphasis on food and exercise.

Anyway back to body shape, my body shape. I think I would like to look trim (sort of slim with shape) but trim seems to imply toned and thats what I'd like to be. Having a shaped body would be great and if there are no fatty bits flopping around it would be even better. Maybe toned would be a good thing and I can achieve that by continuing with the pump classes and using the gym equiment as well as walking for the fun of it. Half hour exercise a day and all that.

My one recurring thought is will I be satisfied when I have lost kilos and am down to the suggested goal weight or will I be greedy and want more? That would mean I could go off for those 2 months with more space to play with!!

Time will tell I suppose

No comments:

Post a Comment

Commenting with Blogger is proving to be difficult for some of you - hopefully its fixed now. If not maybe you'd like to email me - the address is on my profile page
Take care
Cathy